ICES delegates to announce our a new partner in 2023, Ukrainian Engineering Pedagogic Academy (UEPA). The international cooperation will include, hosting a keynote speakers, workshops, and other scientific contributions.
About Ukrainian Engineering Pedagogic Academy (UEPA)
The Ukrainian Engineering Pedagogic Academy (UEPA) is the only higher educational establishment in Ukraine specializing in training engineering educators who are to work as teachers, high-skilled instructors of industrial training in the field of vocational training /vocational schools, technical secondary schools, comprehensive secondary schools, colleges, etc.
This specialization is not just casual. The Academy was set up on the basis of Ukrainian Correspondence Polytechnic Institute. In 1958-1990 the latter higher educational establishment led the country in training engineers without discontinuing their work and, as the Republican Center of Science and Methodology, provided methodological guidance and development of teaching aids for students by correspondence in 21 engineering educational programs.
The academic potential gained allowed the Institute’s 1994 restructuring into the Ukrainian Engineering Pedagogic Academy accredited by level IV.
The today’s Ukrainian Engineering Pedagogic Academy has
- 7 faculties: Power Engineering, Mechanical and Technological, Electrical and Mechanical, Machine-Building, Chemical and Technological, Chemical and Mechanical Mining Engineering
- 34 departments
- 24 engineering-pedagogic and engineering programs
- 8,000 students engaged in both full-time and extramural training
- 400 teachers including: 40 Professors, Doctors of Sciences 240 Assistant Professors, Candidates of Sciences
- Training Center for Foreign Citizens (one year at the Preparatory Faculty studying special subjects with Ukrainian or Russian studies by student’s choice; successful completion of the program at the Preparatory Faculty is the ground for enrollment to the Academy or any other university in Ukraine)
- Training Center for Engineering Educators (0.5 year after graduation from the Academy and the degree of Master of Engineering Sciences; the title of the European Educator to be awarded)
- 1,000,000 volumes of textbooks, teaching aids and books on science in the library
- 16 departments’ subsidiaries at enterprises and vocational schools
- athletic complex and skiing center, sports & health center(located in Soomy region)
- 5 dormitories (3 – in Kharkiv, 2 – in Stakhanov).
The Academy has a Computer Center, departments’ study rooms equipped with PC, specialized laboratories of novel information technologies, including information technologies of teaching. A constantly renewed Web site of the Academy has been created. The Library is being computerized and its electronic catalogues are being presented to Internet. The software catalog is continuously enlarged with new methodological supplies.
The Academy has an educational video base of over 400 records.
Regional educational centers are operational in Artiomovsk, Akhtyrka, Konstantinovka, Koupyansk, Khartsyzk and Energodar.
In view of social protection of its graduates, the Academy provides students with the opportunity to acquire a second qualification in Economy, Information, Ecology.
Post graduate education is based on a post-graduate course and a doctorate course. Boards awarding candidate’s and doctor’s degrees are also structured into the Academy.
The Academy boasts a number of scientific schools, i.e. MEANS AND METHODS TO INCREASE ELECTROENERGETIC PROCESSES IN POWER SYSTEMS /Prof. S.F.Artyukh, Prof.I.G.Shelepov/; HIGH WELDING TECHNOLOGIES IN INDUSTRIAL ASSEMBLING /Prof. B.Arpentiev, Prof. M.Kravtsov/; MULTICHANNEL QUASI-IRRATIONAL HIGH PRECISION /Prof.B.Kuznetsov/, etc.
Together with the Vocational-Training Pedagogy and Psychology Institute /attached to the Ukrainian Academy of Pedagogic Sciences/ the UEPA set up a scientific research laboratory on problems arising in the domain of training engineers-educators.